Student Visa Subclass 500 allows international students to travel to Australia for the purpose of full-time study in educational institutions. This is a temporary visa, that allows you to stay in Australia on a temporary basis. The type or length of your course will determine the length of your Student Visa 500.
With visa subclass 500 you can:
- You can stay up to 5 years or till the course of completion
- Travel in and out of Australia
- You can work up to 40 hours or temporarily more than 40 hours due to Covid-19
- Participate in an eligible course in Australia
- Include your family member in your application
Also Read: 5 Historical Places to Visit in Karnataka
Requirements for Student Visa 500:
- Passport: Students who want subclass 500 should submit their passport issued by their current country/birth country.
- Recent Photo/Biometrics: Students must have to submit a recent photo for identity. The immigration will let you know if they need your fingerprints.
- Application Form: Students who want to apply for a student visa 500 must have to fill out the application form and submit all required documents.
- Age Requirement: Students must be 6 years or older and can apply for Subclass 500.
- Evidence of Study Program: When you apply for a student visa 500 you have to submit a Confirmation Letter of Enrollment for all of the courses you plan. You have to submit it before the visa is granted.
- Civil Documents: You must have to provide documents like your birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, adoption certificate, etc.
- Health Insurance: Students who have applied for visa 500 must have health insurance for their Australia visa application. Students or their families must be covered by OSCH ( Overseas Student Health Cover). If students do not have any health insurance they may not be allowed to enter Australia.
- Paid Back your debt to the Australian Government: If you or your family owe a debt from the Australian Government, then you and they have to pay it back to the Australian Government.
- English: Students who apply for subclass 500 have proficiency in the English Language.
- Financial Capacity: You must provide enough funds to support your travel cost, 1 year of living in Australia, and fund to recover your tuition fees. Proof that the family member will financially support the student during the program.
- Australian Values Statement: Students have to sign an Australian Values Statement confirming that they will uphold all the values and laws.
These are some important requirements that are needed, to apply for Student Visa Subclass 500. The Australian Government has made some changes due to Covid-19. If you want to know more about Visa Subclass 500 you can visit Immigration Agent Perth.