Many international students in Australia completed their graduation from an Australian university, but many are not aware of an initiative known as th
Many international students in Australia completed their graduation from an Australian university, but many are not aware of an initiative known as the Professional Year Program (PYP). The professional year program (PYP) is a well-structured initiative that focuses on the professional growth of young students by providing them with relevant practical training and introducing them to different career paths.
The program is authorised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and approved by different accrediting bodies. The PYP was established to ensure that the supply of skilled workers in sectors like accounting, engineering and IT is sufficient. So the DIBP initiated the program with the help of various Australian universities.
Who Can Apply For The Professional Year Program?
Any international student who graduated from a university in Australia can apply for this program. The Professional Year Program Australia is a 44-week project divided into 32 weeks of coursework and 12 weeks of internship. The PYP does not just only offer practical skills but and also provides real-life exposure to Australia’s work culture.
Benefits Of the Professional Year Program
The professional year program in Australia has several benefits; some of them are-
- It provides internship opportunities
For various international students, it is hard to find a well-respected job in their field of research in Australia. The PYP has opened several paths for international students in Australia who want to get satisfying jobs.
Various institutions in Australia provide good internship placements after completing the course and during the course. So many candidates receive a permanent position in the same organization after completing their professional year in Australia.
These internships help provide a good experience, and it looks great on the resume. It could improve the chances of being hired by other companies in Australia.
- It makes one familiar with the Australian work culture.
When it comes to following a professional conduct code at a workplace, countries differentiate in standards. In a Professional year program, some specialists teach many tactics keeping in mind major career prospects growth. So the program is authorized by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and approved by different accrediting bodies.
They help to enhance not only skills, teach one how to communicate, and help to show how to keep professional behavior at the workplace. This helps one personal balance life and keep up with the demands of work.
- It helps expand social and professional circles.
Choosing a famous institute for a professional year program in Australia helps grow a person’s social and professional networks. By being associated with PYP, one could meet people who share the same interest.
When one surrounds by like-minded people, it will help build a knowledge base that will be beneficial for students.
- Can get five extra points for PR
By completing the professional year program, one can receive five extra points that can help achieve the milestones needed to apply for permanent residency in Australia. Various institutions in Australia provide good internship placements after completing the course and during the course. Many candidates receive a permanent position in the same organization after completing their professional year in Australia.
E.g., a person has 65 points but still needs 70 points to get an Australian Permanent Residency for international students; then, one can apply for the PYP to receive five more points. This program is a great option if one plans to live in Australia permanently. Still, they need to choose a good institute that provides this course.
Eligibility Criteria For Professional Year Program
To have eligibility for the professional Year program, one may need to meet the following requirements-
- One needs to complete a degree in accounting, engineering, computer science or any related field in Australia.
- One must hold or apply for a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485). This visa allows one to stay in Australia for 18 months after completing a degree.
- One may also need to prove their proficiency in the English language.
- One must possess a certified skilled project from the ICAA, CPA, ACS, EEA or IPA.
How Can One Apply For The PYP?
So A person can apply for the Professional Year Course in Adelaide by submitting certain documents. There are some steps to apply for a professional year program Adelaide.
- One needs to apply for a skilled graduate visa to stay in Australia after completion of the degree.
- Choosing the professional year program stream and checking the eligibility criteria, structure of fees and other needs
- Checking the eligibility and seeing whether one is capable of following all the conditions of the PYP stream
- One needs to give proof of their current valid visa or New Zealand citizenship.
- Have to show evidence of identity if they are an Australian citizen
- A valid copy of the passport
- CV or a current resume
- A certified copy of all the academic documents
- Need to pay a fee for the program
- A certification in IELTS to prove proficiency in the English language
- One can submit the online form from the institute’s site through which one has chosen to apply for the Professional Year Program.
Once a person has submitted all the needed documents, the institute can contact them to proceed with the application. So If the application is approved, one will receive an offer letter and invoice for the program’s fee. Additionally, one could receive a confirmation of the Enrolment letter after paying the program fee. One can also find the program’s start date on the enrolment letter.
Fee For The Professional Year Program
The fee for the professional year program is different among various universities and education providers in Australia. Every institute has different criteria and fee structures for the Professional year program(PYP). However, the general pricing for each sector is-
- Information Technology- the fee ranges from $12,390 onwards
- professional year accounting– the fee is from $6000 to $13000
- Engineering- the fee is $13000 onwards
Enrol In A Good Firm That Provides A Professional Year Program In Adelaide
After witnessing the various benefits of the Professional year program, many people would like to apply for it. Still, they need to choose a good institute that provides this course.