QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a simple file repairing tool that is used to fix the error or issue which appears on the system while working on QuickBooks accounting software. This tool is built-in only in QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions. Also, note that this tool only works for the UK and US versions of QuickBooks. However, in this article, we discuss the methods to resolve the Company file issues with the QuickBooks File Doctor and to know more read this post till the end and follow all the steps. Let’s begin-
Important Points to Remember about QuickBooks File Doctor
- Before downloading the latest version of QBFD, users have to uninstall the older version.
- It is recommended that to make use of the external file doctor tool because the QuickBooks version post-2015 comes with an inbuilt file doctor tool.
- The file doctor is accessible with the QuickBooks Desktop for windows versions.
- In case of some errors, the file doctor will appear automatically. And you just need to click on the start tab and then the tool will do its work.
Types of QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Tool
- The stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, which is used to host the files from the server where QuickBooks database server manager components are installed.
- The built-in version that comes with QuickBooks 2016 and the latest version is the other versions of QuickBooks File Doctor.
The issue that is Related to Company Files
So, here is a list of issues that are related to the company files:-
- Error code 6000 series- 6147, 6000 82, 6000 305, 6130, etc.
- When the supplier, customer, or employee lists are missing or blank on your system.
- When the user is not able to open the company file on their device.
- The Error code H101, H202, H505.
Steps to Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
There are some steps to follow to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Below are the steps mentioned:-
- Initially, download the QuickBooks Tool hub and then go to the downloads by pressing and holding the CTrl+J key together.
- In the downloads lists, you have to click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Then, you have to accept the license agreement by clicking on the Yes.
- Now, click on next and then click on the Install option.
- When the installation process successfully completed then tap on the Finish button.
- At last, you have to click on the icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Method to Resolve Company File Issue with QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Here are the methods that help you to resolve the company file issues. Follow all the steps correctly and the steps are below mentioned:-
Method 1- QuickBooks Tool Hub Download and Install
- Firstly, users have to close the QuickBooks Software.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, save the file in the default location that is Downloads or you can select according to where you can access it easily.
- When the download is done then open the file explorer.
- Now, open the Download file.
- Search for the download file and click on it to start the installation process.
- Then, an instruction box will appear on your screen, you have to follow that and start the installation process.
- After that, when installation is complete, go to the Windows Desktop.
- Now click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub to open it.
Method 2- Run Quick Fix My File
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the company file issues option and click on it.
- Then, click on the Quick Fix my file tool.
- After that, you have to tap on the ok key to run the tool.
- At last, when the tool process is complete then open the QuickBooks on your system.
Method 3- Start QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, move to the Company File Issues option and open it.
- Now, select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to run.
- On your system screen, the tool will open.
- Select the company file option from the drop-down menu that causes the issue in your QuickBooks.
- If the company file is not visible in the drop-down menu, then click on the browser and search to locate and choose the file to open in the tool.
- Now, hit on the “check your file” option.
- Then, click on the continue option.
- After that, to open the QuickBooks as Admin then mention the password and click on the Next button.
- That starts scanning the file and the time will depend on the file of the data.
- When the scanning is successfully done, it means that the issues are fixed.
- At last, open the QuickBooks and the company file to check for the errors. Check how to solve ERR_CACHE_MISS error in chrome?.
In this article, we discuss fixing company file issues with the QuickBooks file doctor tool. I hope this post will be helpful for you and may you follow all the steps correctly to resolve this issue on your system. If you have any other issues or errors then you can visit our other articles also to troubleshoot them anytime.